Hurricane Dorian!

As I sit here on the couch there is a hurricane bearing down on Florida, and I am right in the middle of the cone, although the cone is all of Florida, they are talking about a hit close to me. I am ready for it for sure, but at the same time, I want to run. It is hard to explain the feelings of waiting for a storm to hit in comparison to an earthquake or tornado.

With the expected landfall comes worry, doubt, and fear. Some have no choice but to stay and ride out the storm because of finances, others because of health, pets, and so many other life circumstances that keep a person from running. Others run, and rightfully so, if they have the funds or a family member they can flee to. I choose to ride out the storm. It is not because of any of the reasons I mentioned, it's just that I don't want to go anywhere.

Being in Florida and going through so many hurricanes I guess you can say I am an expert as to what to do and what not to do. This week will be interesting, and we will be deciding whether to put up the shutters or not. Once they are up the majority of them will remain until the hurricane season is finished in November.

The emotions are really nothing compared to being in the storm, and knowing you can't go anywhere. The sounds, the flying objects, the danger of wind and rain can be frightening, but living in any area has its downfalls. I think I would rather have the option to stay or go in comparison to a tornado or earthquake hitting all of a sudden. I know hurricanes bring tornados, but that is a chance we all take when deciding what to do.

Is there any area in the world, that has no weather issues, we can live and not have to worry? If so, please let me know below.


Comments

Popular Posts